13 January 2021 | Comment | Article by Simon Ellis
Hugh James are delighted to announce our partnership with UK military resettlement publication, Pathfinder International magazine, for the launch of the Armed Forces Community Lockdown Awards this week.
The awards have been designed to celebrate the commitment, dedication and achievements of the military community during COVID19.
The awards are the beginning of the publication’s 30th year anniversary proceedings and they are split into six categories.
- Most Outstanding Service Personnel in Lockdown (Individual) in association with Caps Lock
- Most Outstanding Service Personnel in Lockdown (Group) in association with the Invictus Games
- Most Outstanding Veteran in Lockdown in association with Hugh James
- Most Outstanding Charitable Contribution or Gesture in Lockdown in association with Inzpire
- Most Supportive Business to the Armed Forces during Lockdown in association with Angel Call Handling
- Greatest Lockdown Achievement from the Armed Forces community in association with Pathfinder International magazine
The awards are open for anyone to nominate one or all the categories, with nominations to be sent into Pathfinder editor, Mal Robinson by Sunday February 21, 2021.
Editor, Mal Robinson added, “We have been inundated with stories of excellent work being done by our forces and so it made sense to celebrate these achievements in what are unprecedented times by holding these predominantly online awards. I hope to see as many nominations as possible!”
The awards have been backed by various organisations, companies and bodies including Hugh James as main sponsor, Caps Lock a Cyber Security Training Programme, The Invictus Games Foundation, which was initiated by HRH Prince Harry, Inzpire – one of the fastest growing companies in UK Defence, Angel Call Handling and the Forces Pension Society.
Partner and Head of Hugh James military team, Simon Ellis said, "We're delighted to be working in Partnership with Pathfinder on this inspirational project. These awards will recognise the incredible service of those working in the Armed Forces and will give them the acknowledgement they deserve.
Through our work, advising and assisting military personnel with their legal issues, we're continually reminded of their dedication and contribution to society and it’s fantastic to be able to recognise that commitment".
The general public and military community are invited to submit nominations by emailing Pathfinder editor Robinson at [email protected]
For a full insight into the criteria for each award category please visit the Pathfinder website.