If you’re considering leaving a legacy in your will, we’re on hand to help. As a top 100 UK law firm offering specialist legal and financial advice and with over 50 years’ experience, we have the expertise to deliver a service you can trust.
At Hugh James we’re proud to support the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama. We are committed to keeping a personal, down-to-earth approach that’s based on finding the right solutions for our clients.
“Did you know that 60%* of UK adults don't have a will? The above video highlights why everyone should make sure they have a valid will. (a survey of 2,000 people by Macmillan Cancer Support 2017)."
How we can help
- We offer a choice of convenient and competitive will writing services tailored to your specific needs;
- with a fully qualified team of will writing experts we are on hand to help you from start to finish, making the process as straightforward as possible;
- if you’re considering leaving a charitable gift in your will, we can ensure your wishes are included and help you understand the inheritance tax implications of your gift;
- you choose how you’d like to work with us – whether it’s over the phone or face-to-face;
we deliver a fast and efficient service and commit to clear timeframes upfront;
- and our fees are fixed and agreed upfront.
This service is suitable for more straightforward wills where only general advice is needed; this may include general advice regarding tax and the use of trusts. With this service, one of our qualified wills advisers will guide you through the process from start to finish.
This service is also suitable for more straightforward wills and one of our wills advisers will meet with you in our Cardiff or London office to guide you through the process of writing your will.
This service is for individuals and couples who require in-depth and bespoke tax and estate planning advice as part of the process of writing a will. You will receive a full written tax report based on your individual circumstances. This service may also incorporate the drafting of further documents when required, for example trust deeds or letters of wishes. One of our senior solicitors will call you first for a no-obligation ‘scoping call’ at the outset, in order to assess your needs and to provide an accurate estimate before any work begins.
Chambers & Partners UK:
They are very focused as an organisation, they are very professional. I feel that we are in good, safe, trusted hands.