Closing date: 05 November 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a Case Management Developer to join the IT department. Reporting to the Development Team Leader, you will join our existing Development Team in developing software used by Hugh James staff and clients.
You will primarily be developing applications and reports using Lexis Visualfiles. You will also provide support for existing internally developed applications dealing with IT Support and also directly with Hugh James Staff.
Duties to include:
- Develop and maintain case management applications in Visualfiles.
- Project manage own time and meet deadlines for application production.
- Work closely with Business Departments, Business Analysts and the Test Team to ensure problems are understood and solutions are built and delivered to requirement and quality standards.
- Design and conduct the testing of programs; correct errors and re-test to achieve an error-free result.
- Document all work in accordance with the Firms software development guidelines.
- Provide 3rd tier support to the IT Support team.
- Take part in reviews of your own work and the work of colleagues.
- Develop a sound understanding of the use of Visualfiles across the Firm.
- Development and support of other solutions and systems that are managed by the Development Team as and when required.
The successful candidate will ideally have a computing degree along with knowledge of a programming language.
Strong communication skills and a proactive approach to team working are essential for this role.
Life at Hugh James
Although our workforce has grown to more than 500, we have retained and nurtured a unique culture which is based on hard work, exceptional talent, ambition, empathy, innovation and good humour. It is those qualities that have helped us grow the business to where we stand today.
Key to our growth strategy to date has been the recruitment and development of great people. This will remain the case as we look forward to the years ahead. Life at Hugh James is vibrant and full of opportunities.
Our culture is friendly and collegiate, but we maintain the professional atmosphere you would expect from a modern, leading law firm. All our staff have access to industry-leading training and mentoring to ensure they reach their potential.
Some of our benefits on offer include:
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Corporate social responsibility day (one per calendar year)
Christmas shopping day (one per calendar year)
Death in service
Auto enrolment pension scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Discounts for local businesses
Professional fees paid (subject to requirement for your role)
Employee recruitment incentive scheme
Hugh James is an equal opportunities and disability confident committed employer.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity, I look forward to receiving your application, Bethany Charles.