Eleanor joined Hugh James as a paralegal in April 2013. Eleanor obtained a training contract with the firm that year and went back to university to study the LPC before commencing her training contract in September 2015. Eleanor qualified into the Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team in September 2017 after having spent twelve months of her training contract there.
Eleanor has also gained experience Commercial law and Dispute Resolution having taken seats there. Eleanor advises individuals, banks, trust companies and professionals in relation to contested wills, trust and estates disputes including:
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act claims;
- probate and estate administration disputes;
- trust disputes;
- equitable remedies and disputes;
- will disputes and
- disputed Court of Protection matters.
Eleanor is also a student member of ACTAPS.
What do you love most about your job?
I love the litigious nature of the work and the diversity of the area of law.
What do you like to do outside work?
I like to keep busy and use my spare time as wisely as possible. I mainly enjoy travelling, running, eating, netball and skiing although the latter two I don’t do as much as I’d like. I am running my third half marathon on 1 October this year and hope to get a place in the ballot for next year’s London marathon.
- Cardiff University (2009 – 2012) – LLB Law Degree: 1st
- Cardiff University (2014 – 2015) – Legal Practice Course: Distinction
Where you trained
The year you qualified