Elinor joined the employment law team in October 2016, following Hugh James's acquisition of MLM Cartwright.
Elinor completed her training contract with MLM Cartwright in 2012 and qualified as a solicitor into the employment and litigation department in January 2014.
Elinor moved to Cardiff from North Wales in 2011 when she secured a position with MLM Cartwright as a paralegal. She completed her undergraduate degree in law at the University of Manchester in 2007 and spent some time working abroad in both France and Greece before completing the legal practice course at the College of Law in Chester in 2010.
- Successfully defended a claim for disability discrimination and unfair dismissal
- Assisted a senior member of the team in successfully defending a complex and potentially high-value whistleblowing claim which was heard over 14 days in the employment tribunal
Specialist areas include:
- Employment Tribunal litigation
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Contractual disputes
- Settlement agreements and pre-termination negotiations
- Unlawful deductions from wages
- Advising on the implementation of internal practices and procedures
- Drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and policies.
- Advising on all aspects of disciplinary matters, including investigations
- Advising on performance management and absence management