Lucy joined Hugh James in 2011 as a paralegal in the nursing care department. During this time she gained extensive experience of representing vulnerable clients in the recovery of wrongly paid care home fees.
Lucy then undertook her training contract with the firm, obtaining experience in the commercial property and Neurolaw Departments, before joining the Family Department in September 2015, which is the department into which she qualified in October 2016.
Since joining the family department here at Hugh James, Lucy has gained extensive experience in family law issues, including high net worth financial claims following divorce, co-habitation and private children law issues.
- Cardiff University – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Cardiff University – LLB Law with Criminology (2:1)
- St John the Baptist High School, Aberdare
- 2011 – 2014 – Hugh James - paralegal in the nursing care department
- 2014 – 2016 – Hugh James – trainee Solicitor undertaking seats in the commercial property, neurolaw and family departments
- 2016 – present – Hugh James – solicitor in the family department
What do you love most about your job?
The feeling of job satisfaction when you secure an excellent result for a client who is experiencing a very difficult time in their life. Another huge positive is that no two days are ever the same!
What do you like to do outside work?
I have a keen interest in fitness, particularly running, and was fortunate to take part in the Virgin London Marathon in 2016.
I also enjoy travel and socialising with friends