Natalia is a Senior Associate in the specialist Asbestos Claims team and has specialised solely in asbestos disease litigation since qualifying as a solicitor in 2012. Since then, Natalia has successfully obtained damages for hundreds of patients arising from their diagnoses with asbestosis, lung cancer, pleural thickening and mesothelioma.
Natalia is skilled in handling cases involving complex liability issues and is not afraid to take on challenging claims involving multiple defendants. As well as bringing cases against former employers in respect of workplace asbestos exposure, Natalia has a particular interest in asbestos exposure as a public health issue. She has brought a number of successful claims arising from exposure within public buildings, and is a frequent attendee at Parliamentary meetings focusing on the issue of asbestos in schools.
Natalia takes pride in pressing for significant settlement agreements which help make a real difference to patients' lives. Natalia has experience in negotiating agreements for private funding for ongoing medical treatment options such as immunotherapy, as well as recovering damages for extensive home adaptations, lost business income and complex care needs involving dependant family members.
What Natalia most enjoys about her work as an asbestos disease lawyer is however the interaction with patients and their families, and says that it is a privilege to be able to assist people at this difficult stage of their lives. Natalia also enjoys providing support at asbestos disease group coffee mornings, and helping to raise funds for asbestos disease charities.
Natalia is an accredited APIL Senior Litigator, and in addition is a Trustee of the Mavis Nye Foundation, which provides support for the victims of asbestos related illnesses, and raises funds to support research into mesothelioma.
- Recovery of damages for a testicular mesothelioma patient who was exposed to asbestos dust released from his father's overall, in an out of court settlement worth six figures.
- Achieving a settlement of £200,000 for the widower of a woman who sadly died from periotoneal mesothelioma following her exposure to asbestos dust whilst working in admin for Southwark Council.
- Obtaining judgment and an interim payment for a lung cancer patient at the first hearing in his case. The matter is complex as he had been exposed to asbestos whilst working for 10 different companies, and has a significant smoking history.
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2019
- Qualified at Irwin Mitchell: 2012
- Trained at Irwin Mitchell
- BPP Leeds: Legal Practice Course 2010
- University of Leeds: LLB Law (Hons) First 2009
- APIL Senior Litigator
- Trustee of the Mavis Nye Foundation