Sarah joined Hugh James in 2022 as a Senior Associate in the Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team. She specialises in all types of probate and trust disputes, including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, removal of trustees and executors, challenges to the validity of wills, construction and rectification claims and beneficiary disputes.
Sarah has particular expertise in agricultural estates, including proprietary estoppel claims and partnership disputes, and is a member of the Agricultural Law Association. She also advises on contentious Court of Protection matters and on professional negligence claims in relation to will drafting and estate and trust administration.
Chambers & Partners has identified Sarah as an Associate to Watch and Legal 500 rank her as a Rising Star. Testimonials state her to be “very bright and excellent at keeping the client involved” (Legal 500) and “very technically good and good at driving things forward.” (Chambers).
- Joined Hugh James in 2022
- Solicitor, Associate and Senior Associate at Clarke Willmott until 2022
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2008
- Trained at Wilsons solicitors
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Agricultural Law Association (ALA)