Iwan advises on non-contentious construction matters and has prepared and negotiated documentation on a wide variety of projects. He has advised on building contracts, appointments, development agreements, construction security documentation and all associated documentation.
Iwan has advised public sector clients in social housing, education, local and national government as well as contractors, consultants, sub-contractors, developers and funders in the private sector.
Iwan has a particular interest and expertise in framework agreements and collaborative construction contracts.
Iwan’s areas of expertise are:
- Standard forms of contract: JCT, ICE, PPC 2000, RIBA, ACE, CIC, RICS, MF/1, and FIDIC
- Construction documentation including contracts, appointments, collateral, warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds, on demand bonds, retention bonds, advanced payment bonds, letters of reliance, letters of intent, pre construction services and two stage tendering agreements
- Single supplier and multi party framework agreements for a range of works and services including new build, refurbishment, planned and reactive maintenance, design and project management services
- Maintenance contracts: planned and reactive works/services including the use of the JCT MTC, NEC
- Term contract and the TPC forms of contract
- Development agreements: advising on all construction aspects of development agreements including forward funding and forward sale agreements
- Contract audit advice to employers/contractors
- Advising institutional lenders as to the adequacy of construction documents and security purposes
- Advising developers as to the adequacy of the construction documents for funding, tenants and sale of investment
- Energy: advising on energy schemes including renewables
- Procurement advice in relation to EU principles
- Health and safety advice in relation to the CDM Regulations and the roles and responsibilities of the duty holders.
- Projects PFI/PPP
- EU procurement
- Health and safety – CDM