Education sector legal experts
As one of the leading providers of legal services to public sector organisations in Wales, we are experienced in advising universities, colleges, schools and local authority education providers and currently act for several educational institutions.
We can support further and higher education providers with:
- advice on their property and estates portfolio, on all aspects of construction, planning and commercial property, including acquisition, disposals and land development, property litigation, and landlord and tenant law
- advice and conduct of proceedings relating to Judicial Review
- advice on student complaints in the further and higher education sectors, including cases before the OIA
- commercial advice, including on contracts, partnerships and collaborations, public procurement, IP and franchise arrangements, IP disputes, GDPR and data protection issues, freedom of information, subject access requests and data breaches
- employment law advice and HR services, including recruitment, employment procedures, restructures, TUPE, immigration, pensions and handling employment tribunal claims.
- advice on corporate law, including on mergers and acquisitions, restructures and the formation of university spin-off companies
- banking advice, including on funding options for major projects
- advice on H&S, fire and environmental regulations, and on the Building Safety Act 2022 and CDM regulations
- fitness to practise issues and student disciplinary matters
- constitutional, charity law and regulatory advice, as well as guidance and training in relation to good governance and governance structures.
We can support schools with:
- special educational needs tribunals
- school appeals panels
- school attendance prosecutions
- school re-organisations