Increasing government regulation and frequent policy changes have combined with evolving technologies, particularly in the area of renewables, contributing to the complexity of the business environment. Whether you are a lender, investor, contractor or developer, it is essential that any organisation operating in this sector has sound legal advice from a firm which fully understands the in-depth legal, technical and regulatory issues as well as the commercial challenges and constraints.
Our skilled and multi-disciplined energy team offers the full range of project and commercial legal services, both contentious and non-contentious. This experience, combined with our comprehensive understanding of the sector, means that we can provide focused, high quality and cost effective advice at all stages, from planning and construction to operation and maintenance, financing, re-financing or sale.
We have considerable experience in renewable energy projects where we pride ourselves on being able to offer a comprehensive package of legal advice. Our clients value us for the blend of technical expertise, pragmatic advice and quality of service that we deliver.
• Acting for several housing associations on their solar projects
• Appointed by national high street bank on their Renewable Energy Panel which
focuses on wind, solar and hydro projects
• Advising Welsh/German Investors in a joint venture to develop wind farm projects in
• Advising British Nuclear Fuels on the renegotiation of its long term commercial
agreements to supply nuclear fuel to British Energy
• Advising solar electricity company, Energy Equipment Testing Service, on an equity
investment from RES, the wind energy business of Sir Robert McAlpine
• Advising Tegni on the project documents for a £15m and 9.2MW wind farm in North
• Advising the Environment Agency on the commercial and public procurement
issues relating to the development of a hydro-electric station and fish pass
• Advising Blaenau, Torfean and Caerphilly County Borough Councils in connection
with their Anaerobic Digestion project (which played a leading role in the central
procurement of the all Wales AD programme)
• Advising and drafting consultancy and commercial supply agreements for Gamesa in
connection with wind farm development
• Advising on (and negotiating) the landfill gas generation projects for Neath LAWDC
and Silent Valley (Blaenau Gwent’s LAWDC)
• Advising (including drafting and negotiation) Hills Minerals and Waste Ltd on the EfW
and MBT projects with Wiltshire County Council
• Acting for Pennant Walters on various wind farm projects throughout Wales