Proprietary estoppel and equitable claims
Whether you’re looking to enforce a broken promise (proprietary estoppel), are involved in a dispute about the true ownership of your home or need to recover assets that belong to you, we can help.
Our proprietary estoppel and equitable claim experience includes:
- claims to enforce broken promises;
- claims to enforce unwritten agreements and contracts;
- claims over farm and agricultural land;
- claims to recover property and assets (resulting trust claims);
- claims over land, including claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (‘TOLATA claims’);
- disputes over family homes (constructive trust and “Stack v Dowden” claims);
- other equitable claims; and
- claims to set aside lifetime transfers by reason of lack of capacity or undue influence.