Accident and emergency claims
Whilst accident and emergency departments dispense the right advice and beneficial treatment the majority of the time, there are instances where they get it wrong.
As a result, thousands of accident and emergency negligence compensation cases are reported each year in the UK. Hugh James can help with any type of accident and emergency negligence you may have been a victim of.
Hugh James has one of the largest medical negligence teams in the UK and the biggest in Wales. Annually we recover in excess of £20m in compensation each year for our clients.
We are recognised by both the medical negligence charity AVMA and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority as experts in medical negligence.
What are the different types of a&e claims?
As a result of attending your local accident and emergency department you may have suffered an injury as a result of:
- Misdiagnosis: incorrect or late diagnosis that causes further injury or prolongs recovery time;
- Medication errors: causing deterioration in the patient’s condition, or serious side effects;
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist or discharging a patient prematurely;
- Delays in treatment: leading to deterioration in the patient’s condition; and
- Patients sustaining injuries while being moved.
If you believe that you have suffered an injury as a result of the treatment you received from the accident and emergency department we can advise you on making a compensation claim.
We can offer no win, no fee arrangement from the outset (if your case is accepted).
Our experienced medical negligence legal team will make the whole claim process as simple as possible for you and will provide you with regular updates throughout your case.