Tim is a senior associate with a wealth of experience specialising in property damage and liability disputes. Tim deals with numerous large value claims arising from fire, floods, explosions, vehicular impact, and negligence of property owners and escape of water.
Tim also specialises in property ownership, boundary and rights of way disputes, and professional negligence matters.
Tim spent the early part of his career in the oil and gas construction industry before converting to law.
- Property damage litigation
- Property insurance related disputes
- Party Wall Act damage
- Property ownership
- Boundary/rights of way disputes
- University of Wales, College Cardiff
- College of Law, Chester
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2013
- Associate at Hugh James: 2012
- Advising insurers in relation to a fire caused by an energy supply fault resulting in damage of £1/2million
- Advising a major household insurer following the 2011 riots in London
- Litigation involving building companies in relation to fires causing total losses to property
- Successfully representing insurers in litigation regarding alleged negligence of the property owner – value of claim in excess of £100,000
- Advising insurers on Consumer Protection Act issues arising from fires caused by electrical appliances including multiple claims relating to major electrical manufacturers - numerous £100,000 plus actions
- Successfully representing insurers in litigation with an electricity supplier in respect of fire – value of claim in excess of £100,000
- Successfully representing insurers in relation to property flooding causing damage exceeding £100,000
- Experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Advises in disputes concerning Party Wall Act damage litigation, with neighbouring occupiers over boundaries/rights of way to include advising a utility company in connection with the obstruction of its right of way.