Competition law solicitors
Competition law and the impact of non-compliance is a challenging, complex area, but an essential one to ensure that businesses compete fairly with each other. Our competition law team advise a broad range of clients in this area, providing clear commercial advice on a wide range of competition law matters. We have particular expertise in guiding companies through M&A transactions, which may or may not be anti-competitive.
Our specialist team regularly advise clients on various aspects of competition law, including anti-competitive agreements, commercial agreements and strategy, joint agreements, compliance programmes, merger control and subsidy control.
We are able to provide a broad view of competition issues, including competition enforcement throughout the UK and EU.
We regularly work with buyers and sellers, covering all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions regulatory clearance process. Our expertise in this area ensures we are able to identify and reduce any potential antitrust issues that may arise throughout the process. From the outset, our Regulatory experts offer guidance on the level of regulatory risk, ensuring our clients are able to easily navigate the process from start to finish.
Our competition law experts specialise in acting for clients within the Technology sector, advising both small enterprises and large corporations in the industry on M&A transactions, including anti-competitive transactions.
Our experience includes acting for a range of clients, including:
- Advising Avicenna Retail, the UK’s largest independent pharmacy group on the sale of a group of 14 pharmacy properties throughout South Wales.
- Advising on new waterfront hotel in Milford Haven to be run by the team behind the Celtic Manor.
- Advising Development Bank of Wales on a multimillion-pound MBO deal.
- Advising on the management buyout of automotive repair business iRG.
- Advising professional Welsh rugby region, Cardiff Blues, on a full debt and equity restructuring.
- Advising long-standing client Celtic Manor Resort on its acquisition of the former Hampton by Hilton hotel.
- Advising long-standing client the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) on a joint venture with Rightacres Properties and Legal & General which will transform two of Cardiff’s most iconic buildings.
Aled Walters is a corporate, M&A and commercial partner who heads the commercial team. Aled advises on corporate and commercial matters, often advising on complex and high-value commercial agreements. He has significant experience advising on complex contracts and deals with a multi-jurisdictional dimension.
Contact one of our experts
Fill in the form and one of our experts will get in touch with you shortly.