A swiftly developing industry, telecommunications has become a large sector for many commercial law firms on an international level. We advise the telecoms industry in relation to all legal aspects to include corporate M&A, banking, commercial property including investment in and the creation of infrastructure portfolios, regulatory, dispute resolution, IP and employment.
Our growth in this sector ranges from acting on matters such as large network infrastructure projects to communications matters and all the technologies in between.
Our expertise in this sector has largely focused on matters involving cell site acquisition, installation, upgrading, decommissioning and sharing of infrastructure relating to electronic communications, such as telephone networks, mobile operators, wireless broadband and cable operators.
- Smart metering;
- Mobile payment technology;
- Infrastructure agreements;
- Rollout of next generation (FTTC/FTTP) networks;
- Spectrum trading;
- Network sharing;
- Construction issues (contracts/planning);
- Leases of macro/micro cells;
- Internet of things;
- Big data; and
- Investment in rental streams derived from macro and micro cells.