Housing management legal experts
Our team provides a flexible service which can be tailored to your needs, allowing your cases to be dealt with as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
We currently provide expert practical legal advice to Registered Social Landlords (RSL) and Local Authority clients.
We provide specialist assistance to social landlords in all aspects of tenancy enforcement and dealing with issues of nuisance behaviour and/or criminal activity within their estates and communities. We are also able to provide specialist advice and assistance in relation to all aspects of housing management, to include succession, defending disrepair claims, homelessness and allocations. Please also refer to the more substantive list of services below.
We offer a wide range of training courses specifically designed to be informative as well as practical in order to maximise our clients’ in-house expertise and management capabilities.
- Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 – advising on all remedies available, including:
- Closure Power
- Community Protection Notice
- Public Spaces Protection Order
- Applications to suspend the right to buy
- Civil injunctions, without notice/on short notice
- Committals for breach of injunctions
- Complex cases involving European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)
- Contested/disputed succession claims
- Dealing with tenant’s death
- Defending housing disrepair cases
- Demotion applications
- Drafting warning letter and notice
- Effective early intervention
- Housing law and Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Housing law and the Equality Act 2010
- Managing S.209 agreements
- Mandatory ground/s for possession
- Possession claims
- Public sector equality duty
- Social housing tenancy fraud
- Social Care Regulation
- Training for Housing Officers in court
- Unauthorised improvements/adaptions
- Unauthorised sub-letting