Jody is a Partner in the firm’s banking team. He is based in the firm’s London office and his expertise includes real estate finance, healthcare, acquisition finance, back-to-back funding lines and general corporate banking. Jody acts for a broad range of clients which includes banks, alternative lenders, FinTechs and borrowers.
Jody advises property developers and investors on their financing arrangements and has particular experience of working alongside offshore counsel. In addition, he advises borrowers and lenders on healthcare transactions for the financing or refinancing of care homes, pharmacy groups and dental groups.
Jody also advises finance companies on back-to-back funding lines and has a particular interest in alternative finance. Jody worked on a project for a debt fund providing syndicated acquisition finance facilities to create its standard documentation and has also advised a number of banks on their standard documentation.
A former CFO client comments on LinkedIn that ‘Jody is a commercial and insightful finance lawyer’.
Jody joined the London office of Hugh James as a Partner in 2020. He qualified in 2005 and joined EMW in 2006 where he initially focused on leveraged finance. He became a Principal at EMW in 2014.
Notable recent deals
- Acted for Santander in connection with funding it made available to a pharmacy group to finance the purchase of further sites and the refinancing of third party debt with Lloyds Bank.
- Acted for Cynergy Bank on the £8m refinancing of a portfolio of 30 commercial and residential properties.
- Advised HSBC on debt facilities totalling £16m which were made available to a packaging company to assist with the establishment of a Jersey-based employee ownership trust.
- Advised a point of sale lending firm on its £25m refinance with NatWest and on additional funding made available by its majority shareholder.
- Acted for a credit decisioning company on a £20m growth capital facility made available to it by Silicon Valley Bank.
- Acted for Growthdeck, a private investor network, on the debt aspects of its purchase of a six unit commercial site in Dundee.