Pauline joined Hugh James in May 2014. She has over 32 years’ experience of multi-party litigation relating to medical devices, implants and pharmaceuticals.
She has also acted on behalf of claimants in all aspects of health care claims. Representing adults, children and claimants without capacity. Handling claims of moderate value up to claims involving multi-million pound damages.
She has acted in the co-ordination of 150 individual claims in Dalkon Shield (IUCD devices). In 1995 she was successful in achieving settlement of 24 cases of claimants infected with Hepatitis C as a result of receiving Gammogard manufactured by Baxter International Ltd. She was a member of the steering committee in the Myodil litigation against Glaxo Laboratories Ltd,(AB & others v Glaxo) which achieved a settlement for 425 cases, responsible for setting up and co-ordination a panel of examining consultant neurologists, co-ordination of individual claims and implementing the settlement scheme.
She acted at steering committee level in the successful Human Growth Hormone/CJD litigation and many of the passengers in the Gerona Air Crash. She acted in the settlement of 110 Dow Corning breast implant cases and 35 Trilucent Breast Implant cases.
She acted at steering committee level in Colin Gee V DePuy International Ltd – The Pinnacle Metal on Metal hip litigation – (341 claimants in 3 months preliminary issue trial).
Wright Conserve Metal on Metal hip litigation (47 claimants).
Zimmer Durom Metal on Metal hip litigation (89 claimants).
She acts for claimants injured as a result of using Nutribullet blenders. She currently acts for over 100 claimants injured as a result of opacified Oculentis Intraocular lenses
- 1972 -1978 Olchfa Comprehensive School
- 1979 -1982 West Glam Institute of Higher Education
- 1989 - 2016 CILEx Law School
- Trained at Hugh James
- Smith Llewellyn Partnership Solicitors, Swansea 1989 to April 2014
- Senior Litigator (APIL) – 2018 to date
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) - 1990 to date
- Secretary of the Multi-Party Actions Special interest Group (APIL) - 2005 to 2020
- Executive Committee Board member of APIL 2020 to date
- Secretary of Swansea Medico-Legal Society - 2005 to date
- Member of Cardiff and District Law Society
What do you love most about your job?
Being involved in the complex scientific investigation of generic claims and the interaction with individual claimants.
What do you like to do outside work?
Running, skiing and keeping fit so that I can enjoy food and wine appreciation