As a Senior Associate in the corporate commercial team at Hugh James, Gemma works on all aspects of corporate transactional work, including mergers, acquisitions, debt and equity investments, management buyouts (MBOs) and disposals. She also advises companies on commercial contracts and general company law.
Gemma has experience working with a variety of clients, across a wide range of corporate commercial matters, including:
- Advising a management team on the multi-million pound management buyout (MBO) of Spotnails Limited.
- Advising Walters Group on its disposal of Likes Land Rover to Sinclair Group.
- Advising Walters Group on its disposal of Ffos Las Racecourse to Arena Racing Company.
- Assisting on Flexicare’s multi-million pound acquisition of Medisize BV.
- Advising Trakcel on a multimillion pound investment from Silicon Valley private equity house.
- Advising numerous start-up tech companies on various investments from institutional investors including Development Bank of Wales, Inspire Wales, Oxford Sciences Innovation and IP Group.
- Advising shareholders on a multi-million pound disposal of a building supplies merchant.
Gemma studied Business Administration at Cardiff University, from 2001 – 2004 and went on to complete the GDL at University of Glamorgan in 2008 and subsequently complete the LPC at Cardiff University in 2009.
She joined Development Bank of Wales (formerly Finance Wales) in 2009 working in the legal services department, before moving to corporate commercial firm, Greenaway Scott, in 2015. Gemma went on to qualify in 2017.
- Law Society