Mark is a Senior Associate in the Serious Injury Department in Manchester and specialises in motorcycle accident claims of the utmost severity and complexity. He understands that motorcyclists remain one of the most vulnerable road users and the effects of an accident are a genuine concern for the motorcyclist and their loved ones. Mark has assisted clients with life changing injuries including brain and spinal injuries, severe orthopaedic injuries and amputations.
Mark is often instructed by motorcyclists where they have been blamed for the collision, liability is denied and where other solicitors have declined to act. Mark acted for a motorcyclist that dismissed his previous solicitors after 4 years for mismanagement and lack of experience in motorcycle claims. He achieved a settlement 4 times greater than the motorcyclist was advised to accept.
As a motorcyclist himself, Mark is all too aware of the risks motorcyclists face each time they go out on the road so regularly offers his time to provide safety talks to motorcyclists in conjunction with Bikesafe, a national run police motorcycle initiative to help raise awareness of those risks, improve road safety and encourage motorcyclists to ride responsibly to keep themselves and other road users safe.
Mark is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and strives to always put his clients and their families first, by identifying their expectations at the outset and by being sensitive and sympathetic in understanding all of their rehabilitation needs. His focus is on guiding his clients through the claims process in a friendly and approachable manner, ensuring the best possible outcome for them and exceeding their expectations.
Mark appreciates that not everyone has access to legal assistance and advice. He has for many years volunteered at the Citizen Advice Bureau providing a free legal surgery on various aspects of civil and welfare law helping and assisting people in their genuine time of need.
- Motorcyclist traumatic brain injury case – £1m settlement
- Pedestrian traumatic brain injury case – £450,000 settlement
- Complex and technical e-cyclist case on liability – achieved settlement of 25% of damages
Career and education history
- LLB in Law with Criminology: Keele University 2004
- Legal Practice Course: Staffordshire University 2007
- LLM in Legal Practice Management: Staffordshire University 2015
- Litigation Executive at Williamsons Solicitors 2010
- Deputy Head of Personal Injury at Thorneycroft Solicitors 2012
- Qualified Catastrophic Injury Solicitor at Thorneycroft Solicitors 2014
- Solicitor at Potter Rees Dolan 2018
- Senior Associate at Hugh James Manchester 2023