Nia-Wyn is a senior associate solicitor with Hugh James. She qualified as a solicitor in 2017 specialising in criminal defence and matrimonial matters before joining Hugh James in 2018.
Since joining Hugh James, Nia-Wyn has specialised in representing military service personnel and veterans bring claims against the Ministry of Defence, with a particular interest in cold related injuries.
Nia-Wyn works within the military department and heads up the cold injury team under the supervision of Simon Ellis, head of wider military claims team and Partner at Hugh James.
Nia-Wyn is very passionate about the military community and as part of her role at Hugh James she supports military charities such as ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, sits on judging panels for Veterans Awards nationally, and works closely with military organisation such as Veteran Owned UK and Pathfinder International Magazine.
- With experience in high value group litigation, a highlight for Nia-Wyn was the month of April 2022, where she settled multiple cold injury claims for the total settlements of just under 1 million pounds (gross). These claims were initially denied by the Ministry of Defence and settled one month before trial.
- Trained at Goldstones Solicitors
- Qualified in 2017
- Solicitor at Hugh James: 2018
- Associate at Hugh James: 2020
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2022
- Swansea University, LLB Law: 2010
- Swansea University, LPC: 2014