Catherine Keeley has worked in the Court of Protection field for 20 years and specialises in managing the financial affairs of clients who lack capacity, due to catastrophic injury or illness.
Working alongside our litigators, Catherine manages client finances in order to facilitate their rehabilitation, setting up care and therapy packages, and arranging for the purchase and adaptation of suitable accommodation. She works with clients and their families both throughout the litigation process, and following high value settlements, arranging investment of compensation and working with her clients to budget long term, to ensure their needs are met throughout their lifetime.
She also supports Lay Deputies with Court applications, accounts and reporting to the Office of the Public Guardian, and provides advice on the role and responsibilities of a Property & Affairs Deputy.
Catherine finds working with vulnerable adults immensely rewarding and is able to build long-standing relationships with her clients and their families over many years. Her clients rely on her to advocate for their best interests, and to support their independence and autonomy as much as possible.
- 2022: Hugh James, Partner
- 2019 – 2021: Director of Potter Rees Dolan Trust Corporation Limited
- 2019 – 2020: Potter Rees Dolan, Chartered Legal Executive and Fellow of Cilex
- 2015 – 2019: Potter Rees Dolan, Chartered Legal Executive
- 2003 – 2015: Potter Rees Dolan, Fee earner in Court of Protection Department
- Manchester Metropolitan University, BA Hons (2:1) Criminology & Sociology
- CILEx Professional Diploma in Law & Practice, Level 3
- CILEx Professional Higher Diploma in Law & Practice, Level 6
- Fellow of CILEx – 2019