Mark is a Senior Associate in our Court of Protection department and Director of the Potter Rees Dolan Trust Corporation Limited.
Having been introduced to Court of Protection work during a seat in his training contract, Mark went on to specialise in this area upon qualification in 2014.
As a Finance Deputy his role is to manage and co-ordinate the property and financial affairs of clients who are deemed unable to do so themselves. In doing so, he has built excellent relationships with the litigation team, the care and case management team, but importantly the client and their family. Mark is involved in all matter of Court of Protection cases, but primarily deals with substantial compensation claims as a result of acquired brain injuries.
Working closely with other professionals, including case managers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and financial advisors, Mark ensures that the client receives the care and support that they require. Witnessing the progress that his clients make with their rehabilitation and co-ordinated care, as well as managing their finances, is what Mark finds most rewarding.
Career History and Education
- University of Leeds, LLB Law
- Qualified Costs Lawyer at Fentons Solicitors LLP: 2013
- Trained at Fentons Solicitors LLP
- Qualified at Slater & Gordon Lawyers: 2014
- Solicitor at Slater & Gordon: 2014-2017
- Solicitor at Potter Rees Dolan: 2017-2022
- Director of Potter Rees Dolan Trust Corporation Limited: 2022
- Senior Associate at Potter Rees Dolan, a Hugh James Business: 2023
- Professional Deptuies Forum
Hobbies and Interests
Mark loves to get out riding his bike, travel around the world and play football. Such activities have been scaled back since fatherhood, although he still finds time for six-a-side football on a Monday night!