Ruth Davies is a Senior Associate within the Industrial Disease department at Hugh James. She qualified as a solicitor in 2011 specialising civil litigation before joining Hugh James in 2012.
Since joining Hugh James, Ruth has worked in the Industrial Disease department on several high-profile group litigations.
Ruth has considerable expertise in group litigation, BT deafness claims, occupational cancer claims, respiratory claims and coke oven workers claims. Ruth currently specialises in representing military service personnel and veterans bringing claims against the Ministry of Defence in hearing loss and personal injury claims.
Ruth currently works within the military department advising current former and military personnel with various health conditions and injuries, with a particular focus on occupational disease such as noise induced hearing loss, non-freezing cold injury, PTSD and Personal Injury.
Education and career history
- Cardiff University, LPC: 2009
- Trained at The Woodland Davies Partnership
- Qualified: 2011
- Joined Hugh James: 2012
- Michael Dalton & Others v British Telecommunications PLC [2015 EWHC 616 (QB)
- Pearce & Others v (1) The Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (2)
- Coal Products Limited (3) National Smokeless Fuels Limited  EWHC 2009 (QB)
- Hutson & Others v TATA Steel UK Limited  EWHC 1608 (QB)
- MC v Ministry of Defence (2020) – Out of Court Settlement
- RH v Ministry of Defence (2021) – Out of Court Settlement