We are the leading Welsh provider of outsourced legal services to local authority Adult Services teams.
We represent local authorities in England and Wales in a diverse range of Court of Protection cases dealing with matters from the initial advice stage to the completion of court proceedings. We are also experienced in the defence of Adult Services departments, subject to challenge by way of Judicial Review. We often advise on complex questions concerning local authority responsibilities to specific individuals. We also act for local authorities in applications to prevent Forced Marriage of adults under disability and children.
Our experience includes:
- representation in deprivation of liberty applications (DOL’s), welfare and finance matters before the Court of Protection
- displacement of Deputies and Nearest Relatives
- emergency applications where adult safeguarding issues arise
- litigation arising from disputes as care responsibilities between authorities
- advising the Welsh Government on disputes as to Section 117 aftercare responsibilities
- advising English local authorities on the implementation of deferred payment arrangements under the Care Act 2014
- advising Welsh authorities on the implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- defending claims for accommodation and support including those for residential educational support applications to prevent Forced Marriage of adults with learning difficulties.