On Monday 16 March 2020, Hugh James signed the Armed Forces Covenant (AFC) as part of the firms’ ongoing commitment to the Armed Forces and their families.
The signing took place at our office with Managing Partner, Alun Jones, signing the AFC with Colonel Nicholas John Lock OBE.
We are very proud to have been able to reach this important milestone by pledging to support the Armed Forces community as an employer and legal services provider. As a firm, we will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the AFC, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen; and
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
We will also recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans, young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
We offer our thanks to Peter Davies of ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, Sean Molino BCA, Founder of The Veteran Awards CIC and Director of Forces Fitness, and Fusilier Morgan of 3rd Battalion Royal Welsh for attending the ceremony and showing their ongoing support to us. It was also lovely to see our special guest Shenkin the Goat, the Regimental Mascot of the 3rd Battalion The Royal Welsh join us for the occasion.
We also give our special thanks to Captain Ian Moore MBE of 3rd Battalion The Royal Welsh without whom, this would not have been the momentous occasion that it was.