Financial advice for military personnel, veterans and families
Managing money, saving for the future, and financial security. These are important to everyone, but a life in the military can bring challenges for current and ex-armed forces personnel. Challenges that can make financial planning and management harder.
For example, being in the services can make it more difficult for you and your family to access commercial products and services, due to your mobility or time spent deployed overseas. What’s more, living in the military bubble leaves little time to think of anything other than the task at hand, let alone life on ‘civvy street’, or the seemingly complex world of personal finance.
So, it’s all too common for those in the armed forces – whatever their rank – to leave service having made no short, medium or long-term financial plans. Which is where our expert team of Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) can help.
Advice for service personnel, veterans, and their families
We provide professional and bespoke tailored solutions on all aspects of financial planning for current and ex-service personnel. Here are just some of the areas we can help with:
- investments and wealth management
- retirement planning
- inheritance tax planning
- income and life protection
Independent in every sense
Our IFA practice is wholly owned by Hugh James, a top 100 UK law firm. The firm is more than 55 years old and regulated by both the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This means any advice we provide is backed by two professional bodies, so you can be certain you’re in safe hands. Being independent, we are not tied to any financial institutions, so we recommend products only in consultation with you. Products that are best suited to your financial goals and circumstances.
And because we’re part of the law firm, our team of IFAs frequently works alongside Hugh James lawyers. This allows us to provide expert and first-hand independent financial advice in relation to any legal matters – for example, a business sale, wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs), family/divorce, Court of Protection (COP), and personal injury settlements. In other words, a full service for you and your family.
The financial planning process
We have four key stages to help you plan and manage your finances effectively. We cost each one separately, although there is no charge for the initial consultation:
- Free initial consultation – understanding your particular circumstances and goals. We’ll discuss the options available to you and provide clear information about our charges. There is no obligation to go any further.
- Financial review and recommendation – detailed assessment of your personal and financial circumstances. This will enable us to to establish your financial planning requirements and create a report/financial plan with recommendations.
- Policy arrangement and implementation – putting our recommendations into action. You’ll already know our fees for this part of the service upfront, so no nasty surprises.
- Review and ongoing management – your financial objectives may change due to changes in your lifestyle or circumstances. We’ll ensure your portfolio continues to meet your lifestyle and investment objectives.
Get in touch
To find out more about how we can help you plan, invest, manage and protect your finances, contact us today.
David Hulse heads up the Hugh James Independent Financial adviser team. An experienced adviser looking after personal and professional clients based all over the UK from London to Edinburgh and closer to home here in South Wales.
Contact one of our experts
Fill in the form and one of our experts will get in touch with you shortly.