Siobhan represents individuals who have suffered a serious injury through no fault of their own. Many of her clients have experienced traumatic events and life changing injuries, that have seriously affected not only their health and wellbeing, but that of their loved ones too.
Siobhan recognises that the clients she works for are going through a difficult and challenging time. She helps them by delivering a proactive and personal service to achieve the best possible settlement and to secure adequate compensation. Her approach is to engage with the insurers from the outset to ensure early rehabilitation and treatment that will optimise her client’s chances of recovery. She liaises with case managers, treating clinicians and support groups to ensure that her clients receive all the help and assistance they require. She instructs the best specialist experts and legal counsel in their field to ensure the maximum chances of success.
Her knowledge includes attending criminal hearings, costs and case management hearings, interim applications and trials in the High Court. She also has experience in the Court of Appeal.
Siobhan is passionate about the work that she does to help improve the lives of her clients and their families, ensuring that her clients access specialist rehabilitation as early as possible to achieve the optimum recovery.
She has brought claims against insurance companies, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority and local authorities. Siobhan has a wealth of experience and represents both children and adults who have suffered a catastrophic injury. She also represents clients with complex claims who have sustained injuries following an accident abroad.
Siobhan liaises closely with our Court of Protection unit for those clients who lack the capacity to manage their financial affairs and property.
- Serious personal injury claims
- Catastrophic injuries – child and adult brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple complex orthopaedic injuries
- Amputee claims
- Claims involving complex liability or causation issues
- Cases involving jurisdictional issues
- Uninsured and Untraced Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) claims
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims
Career and education history
- Southampton Solent University – CILEX qualification
- Qualified at Moore Barlow in 1998
- Promoted to Senior Associate in May 2020
- Joined Hugh James in 2023
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Securing judgment at a preliminary trial on liability in the High Court for a catastrophically brain injured child.
- Seven figure settlement secured for a spinal cord injured client whilst on holiday abroad.
- Seven figure settlement achieved for 2 catastrophically brain damaged sisters involved in the same road traffic collision.
- Six figure personal injury settlement for a lorry driver who suffered complex orthopaedic injury after colliding with a tractor.
- French: A-level
- Spanish: A-level