|Type of application||Fixed fee||Estimate at hourly rates|
|Category 1||£1,350 plus VAT||£750 to £1,250 plus VAT|
|Category 2||£1,750 plus VAT||£1,250 to £,1600 plus VAT|
|Category 3||available on request||£3,000 to £12,500 plus VAT|
Category 1 applications
Category 1 applications are those where the premises are:
- not in Greater London
- not in a cumulative impact area
- not operating or intended to operate as a nightclub
- not complex or large-scale (including stadia and festivals)
- not known as or alleged to be an existing source of crime and disorder
Estimated charge at applicable hourly rates: £750 to £1250 plus VAT and
Fixed fee option: £1,350 plus VAT and disbursements.
In the event that your application is objected to so that at hearing is required, we will charge approximately £1,000 plus VAT to represent you at that hearing. Often, we are able to offer a fixed-fee proposal for this element as well once the duration of the hearing has been decided.
Category 2 applications
Category 2 applications are those where the premises are in Greater London, are in a cumulative impact area or are known as or alleged to be an existing source of crime and disorder.
Category 2 does not include complex or large-scale premises. It does include nightclubs.
Estimated charge at applicable hourly rates: £1,250 to £1,600 plus VAT and disbursements.
Fixed fee option: £1,750 plus VAT and disbursements.
In the event that your application is objected to so that at hearing is required, we will charge approximately £1,500 plus VAT to represent you at that hearing. Often, we are able to offer a fixed-fee proposal for this element as well once the duration of the hearing has been decided.
Category 3 applications
Category 3 applications are those where the premises are large-scale or complex. This category includes stadia, festivals, large civic areas and other non-traditional venues.
Estimated charge at applicable hourly rates: £3,000 to £12,500 plus VAT and disbursements
It is not unusual for large-scale events to attract significant objections from the local community which necessitate hearings occupying many days. It is very difficult to estimate the likely cost of representation at these hearings in advance. The cost can range between £1,500 and £5,500 plus VAT.
The fees set out above include:
- Taking your instructions and advising you as to how you can promote the licensing objectives within your application.
- Advising you as the type of plans you are required to submit with your application.
- Completing the application form for a new premises licence (including the operating schedule) in accordance with your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans. You must provide suitable plans.
- Liaising with the responsible authorities in advance where appropriate.
- Providing guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority.
- Preparing copies of the premises licence application for disclosure to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities.
- Drafting the notices advertising the premises licence application and submitting the notice to the local newspaper.
- Arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application and advising as to where and how this should be done by you in order to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
- Providing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by you.
- Advising you on appropriate amendments, voluntary conditions or other interventions to overcome objections.
- Checking the licence once granted and correcting any errors with the licensing authority