Austin Gill is a Senior Associate in the Trusts and Estate Administration Department at Hugh James. He joined Hugh James in 2015, having previously worked at a leading provider of probate and estate administration services.
Austin has since qualification specialised exclusively in estate planning, probate and estate administration, wills, and trust administration. He also manages a team dealing with estate administration and supports the day to day operational management of the department.
Austin has particular experience in relation to the following:
- Probate and estate administration
- Estate planning
- Deeds of Variation
- Powers of attorney
- University of Wales Aberystwyth - LLB (Hons)
- College of Law - LPC
- Trained: Granville West (Qualified 2001)
- Moved to Sewell Mullings & Logie, Cirencester on qualification as a solicitor in the wills, probate and trust department: 2001 - 2004
- Associate – Howells Solicitors Cardiff in the asset management, wills and probate department: 2004 – 2008
- Head of probate practice – Co-operative Legal Services: 2008 – 2015
- Consultant at Hugh James 2015
- Senior Associate 2016
What do you love most about your job?
I thrive on the variety and complexity of the estates we administer. It is very rewarding to know I am able to help support our clients and beneficiaries at a difficult time.
What do you like to do outside work?
I like to get outdoors and particularly walking. I also completing DIY projects at home and spending time with family and friends.