A Partner in the Employment and HR Services team, Rhiannon joined Hugh James in 2008 as a paralegal in the same team. During this time, she obtained extensive experience in a variety of employment law matters, dealing with settlement agreements, performance management, disciplinary and grievance issues and various employment tribunal claims including unfair and constructive dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, breach of contract, and unlawful deduction from wages and TUPE claims.
On a daily basis Rhiannon advises and assists on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment issues to a range of clients, from family-owned business and individuals, to third sector and local authority clients. She also reviews and drafts contracts of employment, staff handbooks, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the ever changing employment legislation and ensure that they are tailored to suit the needs, ethos and culture of individual organisations.
She also regularly negotiates, drafts and advises on complex and high value settlement agreements.
- Partner in the Employment and HR Services team at Hugh James: 2021-present
- Senior Associate in the Employment and HR Services team at Hugh James: 2019-2021
- Associate in the Employment and HR Services team at Hugh James: 2016-2019
- Solicitor in the Employment and HR Services team at Hugh James: 2013-2016
- Trainee Solicitor undertaking seats in the Employment, Clinical Negligence and Industrial Disease departments at Hugh James: 2011-2013
- Paralegal in the Employment and HR Services team at Hugh James: 2008-2011
- Cardiff University - Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation)
- University of Wales, Aberystwyth (including a year spent at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) - LLB Law with German (2:1)
- I have recently been involved with a large project involving changes to terms and conditions of employment for the entire workforce of a key client. This involved drafting new contracts of employment, new handbooks, communication to all staff and HR consultancy work
- I have recently been involved in a long running TUPE case, which has now been appealed to the Supreme Court.