Holiday accidents and illness compensation claims
Was your holiday abroad ruined due to an injury or illness that was not your fault? Did you slip on the tiles around the pool area, get injured on an excursion or have an accident on the plane or coach to your destination? If so you could be entitled to compensation.
Can I make an accident on holiday claim?
Our specialist holiday injury and illness compensation claim solicitors are experienced in winning compensation and can often do so on a no win, no fee basis. What’s more, you won’t pay a penny for an initial consultation.
Our holiday claims solicitors are ranked top by the Chambers and Partners UK and The Legal 500 independent legal guides in this area of law. We are highly experienced and provide a wide range of specialist services and advice.
We can offer:
- Free advice, without obligation, whilst we investigate your holiday accident compensation claim;
- No win, no fee agreements (where appropriate and if you decide to instruct us);
- Access to financial advice, including benefits advice; and
- Access to specialist health care and rehabilitation.
How long do I have to make a holiday injury claim?
The time limits for making a holiday accident claim do differ from country to country, so you should look into making a compensation claim as soon as you get back from holiday.
The rules can be extremely complex and it will be difficult to know which time limits apply to you until further investigations are made. In some cases these limits can be extended depending on the circumstances, so you shouldn't be deterred from contacting a solicitor.
Your free personal injury consultation with Hugh James will allow us to further investigate whether your case is within the applicable time limits or subject to any exceptions.
Hugh James holiday injury and illness experience
We have dealt with many holiday cases over the years, including:
- Claims for holidaymakers;
- Victims of transport accidents (for example the group action arising from the Gerona Air Crash, in which we were the lead solicitors coordinating claims brought by 170 passengers);
- Employees of companies injured while working abroad; and
- Recently settled claims on behalf of the family of an EU boiler worker who died in an accident at sea in Germany and three of his colleagues who were seriously injured when a boiler exploded on a ship.
Our previous cases
We have secured thousands of pounds in compensation for victims of the following:
- MH117 Malaysian Air;
- Gerona Air Crash;
- "Sun Vista" Cruise Liner;
- P&O Lifeboat Accident;
- Salmonella Outbreak;
- Legionnaires Disease; and
- Catastrophic Injury – Paraplegia & Tetraplegia.