Mr P contacted us following his diagnosis with mesothelioma. Mr P had worked at Triang Toys in Merthyr Tydfil in his early 20s where he was exposed to asbestos whilst working in the warehouse.
The girders in the warehouse were lined with asbestos insulation to protect against fire. Unfortunately, the asbestos insulation was damaged by forklift trucks which frequently collided with the girders, damaging the asbestos insulation triggering the release of asbestos dust. into the atmosphere and onto the workmen below.
Mr P was keen to settle his case within his lifetime, and we were able to secure an early admission for him, and then settle his case shortly thereafter, in accordance with his wishes.