David is a Senior Associate in our Court of Protection team, and has extensive experience working with protected parties from a range of backgrounds, whether this be birth injuries, clinical negligence or serious injuries as a result of road traffic accidents. David’s clients vary in ages from 5 years old to adult in their mid-60’s. He works closely with litigators on pre-settlement cases, forming part of the wider multi-disciplinary team as well as settled cases.
David takes the time to get to know his clients, their needs and those around them, such as their families or their support teams. Every client and their needs are different, and he prides himself on having the adaptability to work with the client and the team around them to resolve their issues.
David has a close working relationship with several Independent Financial Advisors, accommodation experts, architects, builders, case managers and treating clinicians across the country. The protected party’s needs are central to everything that he does and he loves being challenged in his role on a daily basis.
Career History and Education
- Leeds Metropolitan University, LLB Law: 2005 – 2008
- Paralegal at Dunne & Gray Solicitors – 2008 – 2014
- Trained at Dunne & Gray Solicitors 2014 – 2016
- Solicitor at Slater Heelis LLP: 2016 – 2018
- Solicitor at Slater Gordon Lawyers: 2018 – 2020
- Associate Solicitor at Slater & Gordon Lawyers: 2020 – 2023
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2023 – present