Lynn joined Hugh James in April 2021 and is a Partner in the Specialist Asbestos team based in the Southampton office. She specialises solely in asbestos disease litigation and has a long history of representing victims of asbestos exposure and their families.
Lynn has considerable experience working on complex, high value compensation claims and has strong links with medical specialists, palliative care providers, support organisations and barristers. She has in excess of 15 years’ experience working solely with people diagnosed with illnesses such as mesothelioma and other serious asbestos related illnesses. She has represented people from all walks of life who through no fault of their own, have been exposed to asbestos in their daily lives.
Previous successful compensation claims have included shipyard workers, railway engineers, oil refinery workers, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, garage mechanics, shop fitters, office workers and secondary exposure cases concerning women who have washed their husband’s or partner’s asbestos contaminated clothing.
She has a wealth of experience working on complex, high value cases and works closely with specialist respiratory consultants, lung cancer nurses and charities such as the asbestos support and awareness group HASAG, to help support people with asbestos related illnesses.
Lynn’s view is that it is a privilege to act for her clients who are going through the most difficult time in their lives and is often in awe of the dignity and bravery with which her clients deal with their diagnosis.
Lynn is a keen supporter of the asbestos disease charity HASAG and enjoys regularly attending coffee mornings held at various locations around the South of England. She also enjoys organising fundraising events which have included a climb over London’s O2 and a fire walk.
Lynn volunteers for the NSPCC, delivering Safeguarding Assemblies and workshops to children at Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Achieving damages for a widow whose husband ran his own business and died from mesothelioma. The widow claimed a significant dependency on the losses from the business as a result of her husband’s early demise. The figures were disputed by the Defendant and complex arguments and calculations had to be prepared. Lynn ultimately achieved an excellent recovery for the widow after protracted and difficult negotiations.
- Recovering compensation for a young mother of 29 who was exposed to asbestos in the council property that she grew up in as a young child.
- Partner at Hugh James: 2021
- Director at Novum Law: 2015
- Partner at Lamport Bassitt: 2010
- Associate at Lamport Bassitt: 2008
- Trained at Lamport Bassitt: 2000
- Bournemouth University: LLM
- Solent University: LLB Law (Hons) First