Mrs G suffered secondary exposure to asbestos whilst laundering her husband’s contaminated overalls.
Many years later this exposure led to Mrs G being diagnosed with the asbestos cancer mesothelioma. Following this diagnosis, Mrs G instructed Hugh James Solicitors.
Mr G was employed by British Gas as a gas fitter/engineer from approximately 1960 until 1994, and took home asbestos fibres on his clothing which Mrs G would wash.
Mr G sadly passed away in 2017 so unfortunately we were not able to obtain exposure details directly. After research and investigations, we traced a witness that worked with Mr G who was able to advise on how he was exposed to asbestos. This led to us being able to achieve an early liability admission and an interim payment of £50,000.00.
The matter settled in August 2020 for £200,000.00 plus payment of immunotherapy treatment.