On 12 May we are hosting a study day about asbestos and mesothelioma in partnership with Novum Law . The study day is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing and the Royal College of Physicians. It will benefit medical professionals by offering a broad range and depth of information about the diagnosis, treatment , and well-being of those affected by asbestos related illnesses.
The study day includes talks from the leaders in the field of asbestos related diseases including:
- Professor Loic Lang-Lazdunski, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon at London Bridge Hospital
- Professor Nick Maskell, Consultant Respiratory Physician at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Anthony Edey, Consultant Cardiothoracic Radiologist at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Jason Lester, Consultant Oncologist at Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff
- Hannah Ball, Advanced Nurse Practitioner in lung cancer and mesothelioma at Oxford University Hospitals
- Christine Jones, lung cancer/mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth
- Sarah Smith, lung cancer and mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Helen Howison, lung cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist at St Woolos Hospital, Newport
- Sarah Morgan, MacMillan Clinical Nurse Specialist in lung cancer at Glangwili Hospital in Carmarthen, Wales.
The topics covered by the study day include:
- The latest trials and treatments for asbestos-related diseases
- Surgical options for mesothelioma patients
- Oncology options for mesothelioma patients
- The role of radiotherapy in diagnosing asbestos-related disease
- Support provided by Cancer Nurse Specialists
- Legal update on compensation claims for asbestos-related diseases from leading barrister, Stephen Glynn from 9 Gough Square Chambers
Hugh James is happy to extend a warm welcome to all those involved in the fields of asbestos-related diseases including mesothelioma, pleural thickening, pleural plaques and lung. It is a privilege to have some of the UK’s leading thoracic medical experts and nursing specialists share their wealth of knowledge and experience with delegates.
Hugh James’ mesothelioma and asbestos study day is on 12 May from 10am – 4pm at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport.