During June 2019, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (‘FSCS’) declared a total of 11 firms in default.
The FSCS is a compensation fund that can pay compensation to customers of authorised financial services firms that are unable or unlikely to be able to pay claims against it. Since 2011, the FSCS has paid out in excess of £60 million to customers of failed financial services firms.
Where firms have failed after 1 April 2019, the FSCS is now able to compensate individuals up to £85,000.
As of June 2019, the FSCS are now accepting claims against the following firms:
- John B Carr Financial Services
- Barchester Green
- Kevin Neal Associates Wealth Management
- DFD Mortgages
- The Wealth Partnership
- Bradford Peters Financial Services
- KWS Wealth Management
- Castle Asset Management, formerly Lighthouse
- Hayden Williams Independent Financial Services, formerly Assura Protect
Our experienced Financial Mis-selling team has a successful track record of securing compensation for clients where they have mis-sold a financial product.