The specialist asbestos claims team at Hugh James have been instructed to pursue a civil compensation claim on behalf of the family of Craig Mepham, from Brighton.
Craig Mepham was diagnosed with mesothelioma in November 2020 and died the following January, just 2 months later. He was just 51 years old when he died and left behind his wife and two adult children who were all devastated by his death.
Craig believed that he was exposed to asbestos on a secondary basis, and this would have been through his father’s work. Derek Mepham, Craig’s father, worked for Taylor Woodrow on the construction of the American Express building in Brighton from 1970 to 1975.
Craig Mepham’s family are now looking for anyone who worked on the construction site of the American Express building in Brighton between 1970 and 1975. There are details of asbestos removal projects in relation to the specific building, and a number of people who used to work on the site recalled asbestos being used, we would like somebody to come forward with any evidence that could help the family with their case.
Mary Mulhall, Partner at Hugh James, said:
We know that Craig’s illness was asbestos related, and we believe that exposure was on a secondary basis from Craig’s father, Derek Mepham. If you worked for Taylor Woodrow on the construction site of the American Express building in Brighton, any information you can provide could really help obtain answers as to what asbestos products were used on site, and how Craig’s father came into contact with asbestos in the first place.
The Mepham family has instructed specialist asbestos lawyers at Hugh James to investigate how Craig Mepham came in to contact with the hazardous material, asbestos.
Armed with the experience and specialist knowledge that is require for this complex area, Hugh James has helped thousands of people who have been either injured or developed an illness as a result of their work. The team also has significant experience in working on industrial disease group actions, where more than one person has been affected in the workplace. For more information on the dangers of asbestos and what it can do, please click here.