Peter joined Hugh James in April 2021 and is a Partner in the Specialist Asbestos team, based in the Southampton office. Peter has specialised in asbestos disease claims for over 20 years, including claims for mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
Peter is very proud to have worked closely with the local asbestos support group, HASAG, for many years, acting for clients across the South of England. Historically, there has been a very high level of asbestos disease in the Southampton area, particularly from the Docks where asbestos was imported. He has acted for clients from a wide variety of asbestos exposure, including plumbers, carpenters, electricians, pupils, fireman and spouses and children of those who have been exposed to asbestos.
- Successful recovery of damages in excess of £500,000 for a fireman who had been exposed to asbestos during his long service for the Fire Brigade.
- Agreements put in lace for several clients for the provision of privately funded immunotherapy treatment, for as long as such treatment is needed, enabling clients to have treatment at home – all funded by the insurer as part of their claim.
- Partner at Hugh James: 2021
- Partner at Novum Law: 2015
- Partner at Lamport Bassitt: 2008
- Solicitor at Lamport Bassitt: 2001
- Solicitor at Moore Batch: 1998
- Trained at David Pinto Solicitors: 1996
- College of Law, Chester: LPC 1994
- Manchester Met University: LLB Law 1993
- APIL Senior Litigator
- APIL Industrial Disease special interest group
- HASAG Panel Member