We understand that you need to invest in training. It’s an essential part of nurturing your team’s skills, increasing innovation, reducing risk, boosting performance, as well as giving you competitive advantage. We also find there is no better way of really understanding a client’s culture.
That’s why we offer bespoke training tailored to you and your organisation’s needs. Our expertise across a range of legal disciplines means we can offer targeted training on specific legal topics or give you a more general overview; it’s entirely suited to your needs.
We also host regular training events in the form of conferences and seminars, covering a variety of engaging topics facilitated by leaders in the field. Our training and updates can be focused on a particular issue a team struggles with, and small scale roundtable where thorny issues can be chatted through with an open and informal approach or more general “how to” guides depending on the needs of our clients.
We also provide online webinar training in addition to our face to face delivery at clients’ premises or hosted at our training suite in central Cardiff. All our training is delivered by qualified lawyers who advise the housing sector on a regular basis, with an approachable style that allows “off script” topics to be explored properly when they are relevant to the group. A lawyer facilitator means that learning can confidently be applied to the specific circumstances of a client’s own case studies, taking into account the most recent legal developments and options for strategic solutions properly explored. Many of our clients have also found it useful for us to provide assistance in a project management capacity to help teams prioritise matters, identify which matters can be resolved internally and where our external help might be used most effectively.
- Getting Partnership Working Right
- Procurement and Understanding the Contract Lifecycle
- Contractor Insolvency
- JCT and Common Amendments
- Innovative approaches to housing: modular and modern methods of construction
- The Equality Act for Housing Managers
- Data Protection and Social Media
- Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 – What will be the Impact and When?
- Infrastructure and Agreements planning
- Enforcement of breaches of covenant
- Shared Ownership
- How to solve a problem like the Appraisal
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Antisocial Social Media
- Recruitment procedures
- Bullying and Harrassment
- The Role of the Investigating Officer
- Dealing with bereavement as a Housing Management Professional
If you would like to discover more about our training options and how we can work together, please get in touch.