Mr C-S instructed Hugh James following his diagnosis with mesothelioma. He was exposed to asbestos whilst working for Lee Beesley & Co Ltd in the late 1960s/ early 1970s. He worked as an electrician and was exposed to asbestos when others around him mixed up asbestos paste lagging. He also directly handed asbestos cloth which sat in old fuse boxes and worked on suspended ceilings where he had to drill through asbestos ceiling tiles.
Fortunately, the company had Employer’s Liability insurance whilst the claimant was employed by them so a claim was intimated against the insurer. Liability was admitted by the insurer. The claim was valued and the claim ultimately settled for £250,000 gross, plus an indemnity for private future treatment.
Client’s, Mr & Mrs C-S, said:
Very professional and helpful, like a friend you could talk to. Acted very quickly on the case, easing any of Steve’s worries. Always kept us up to date with the claim and came out to see us on many occasions. Nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend Hugh James.