Ceri joined Hugh James in October 2019 and is a solicitor in the Industrial Disease department, specialising in asbestos related claims.
Ceri has specialised in asbestos disease litigation including mesothelioma, lung cancer, pleural thickening and asbestosis claims since qualifying as a solicitor in 2017.
Ceri has experience in handling complex high value claims including secondary exposures cases, cases where the defendant is no longer trading, claims involving difficult limitation issues and cases with multiple defendants. She regularly issues claims out of the Royal Courts of Justice and has experience dealing with the intricacies of the specialist asbestos procedure through to trial.
Ceri is passionate about helping her clients through unimaginably difficult times in their lives and takes particular satisfaction in routinely securing funds for private treatments not available on the NHS, such as immunotherapy.
Ceri is a keen supporter of asbestos related charities including Mesothelioma UK and AASC (Asbestos Awareness and Support Cymru).
- Recovery of damages of over £260,000 in an out of court settlement for the widow of a man who sadly died from mesothelioma and was exposed to asbestos whilst working as a cook in the NHS.
- Achieving a settlement of £200,000 for a mesothelioma client including immunotherapy treatment.
- Settlement of a complex lung cancer claim for which the client had a significant smoking history. Extensive engineering evidence was obtained and the case was defended vigorously throughout by the Defendants, settling a matter of weeks before trial.
- Solicitor at Hugh James: 2019
- Qualified at Slater and Gordon: 2017
- Trained at Slater and Gordon: 2015
- Senior Law Costs Draftsman at Leo Abse & Cohen: 2012
- Law Costs Draftsman at New Law: 2010
- Cardiff University: LPC (Commendation)
- Swansea University: LLB 2:1