Charlotte joined the dispute resolution team from Clyde & Co LLP in August 2016. Charlotte specialises in professional negligence claims against a variety of professions, particularly focussing on claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants and surveyors.
- Charlotte has acted for a firm of accountants in relation to allegations that they were negligent in carrying out the annual audit of a company, resulting in the company going into liquidation. It was alleged that the company was worth over £1 million.
- Charlotte was involved in defending a barrister against a claim that he failed to advise a client to settle a dispute, which was subsequently lost at trial.
- Charlotte assisted in a complex multi-million pound claim against a firm of solicitors regarding a construction dispute. The dispute also involved a number of parties including the architect and the building company.
- Charlotte acted in relation to a claim against a firm of solicitors in relation to the allegedly negligent preparation of a will and advice given on IHT planning. She assisted in negotiating an advantageous settlement for her client at mediation.
- Charlotte advised a firm of solicitors regarding a claim after the solicitors had acted for a company in relation to the purchase of land for property development. It was alleged that the solicitors had failed to advise on a right of way over the property which delayed the project and led to significant additional costs.
- Trained at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP/Clyde & Co LLP
- Qualified in: March 2012
- March 2012 – May 2016 associate solicitor at Clyde & Co LLPWhen it comes to her role at Hugh James, Charlotte enjoys the challenge of working out how to obtain the best result for her client. Outside of work she enjoys music; running and horse riding.
- LLM at Cardiff University (2016)
- GDL and LPC at the College of Law, London (2008 – 2009)
- BA Hons in Music from University of Oxford (2006)
Outside of work, Charlotte enjoys music, running and horse riding.