Chris is a Senior Associate solicitor in the Industrial Disease team at Hugh James whose primary focus is helping those diagnosed with asbestos related diseases such as mesothelioma, asbestosis, diffuse pleural thickening and lung cancer.
Chris has secured millions of pounds worth of compensation for his client's and has been successful in many complex matters, including against multiple defendants. He has been successful in many claims where there has been low level asbestos exposure and multiple cases where a client has been initially unsure of where they may have been exposed.
Chris has also secured indemnity agreements from defendants to directly fund the costs of cutting edge medical treatment not currently available on the NHS.
Chris has expertise in cases where sadly an asbestos related disease is only diagnosed after a sufferer's passing. He has been successful in numerous claims brought on behalf of their families by investigating evidence of asbestos exposure amongst their friends and former colleagues.
Chris has experience representing the families of those who have sadly passed away from asbestos related diseases at inquests to ensure that the Coroner fully evaluates all of the relevant evidence and the families voices are heard.
- Recovery of damages of £220,000 for a client who was exposed to asbestos in an office setting for the Department of Work and Pensions.
- Recovery of six figure damages for a client suffering from asbestos related lung cancer which concerned historic histological tissue samples taken 10 years previously.
- Successfully represented of the estate of a mesothelioma sufferer which relied on a historic unsigned witness statement discovered by chance amongst his personal effects. Instructions were received 5 days before the expiry of limitation.
- Chris has a significant track record of taking over cases previously discontinued by other firms of solicitors and bringing them to a successful conclusion. The most recent of which settled for a sum in excess of £200,000.
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: May 2022
- Associate at Hugh James: March 2021
- Solicitor at Hugh James: 2016
- Qualified: 2016
- Trained Moonerams Solicitors
- University of South Wales, GDL & Legal Practice Course
- University of Sheffield, BA History
- Radyr Comprehensive School