Joe is a Solicitor in the Contested Wills, Trusts and Estates team.
He obtained his Law Degree and completed the Legal Practitioners Course at Swansea University and since graduating, has gained experience across a broad range of areas including personal injury, child care proceedings, criminal law, High Court enforcement, conveyancing and general litigation.
Upon qualifying as a Solicitor in 2019, Joe has worked for an OPG Panel Deputy, specialising in Court of Protection Property and Affairs matters.
Joe joined Hugh James in May 2021 and is based in our Cardiff Office and is able to support clients with matters including:
- Deputyship disputes
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975
- Challenges to the validity of Wills
- Dealing with difficult executors
- Disputes involving beneficiaries
- Property disputes
Joe has successfully represented protected parties in various contested Deputyship matters including Statutory Will Applications, Gift Applications and Applications to remove Trustees.
Has represented an OPG Panel Deputy in contested Court of Protection applications in respect of estates worth in excess of £1million.
- The Law Society
- Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE);
- The Professional Deputies Forum (PDF); and
- Student member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)