Kate has built up extensive experience of employment law matters, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters to both business and individual clients. During her career, Kate was seconded to a construction and multi-services firm to work alongside its HR and in-house commercial teams to advise on a range of issues including:
- Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Early conciliation claims covering a range of issues including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing
- Drafting and updating policies, handbooks and contracts of employment
- Redundancy and business reorganisation
- Holiday and working time
- Settlement agreements and pre-termination negotiations
Kate enjoys delivering training sessions to clients on a range of employment law topics. She also teaches employment law at Cardiff University and is the current module leader for the Human Resource Management programme at Cardiff Business School.
Kate is a trustee of Cardiff Mind Limited.
Kate trained at Capital Law in Cardiff and qualified in 2013. Following qualification, Kate spent several years at Clarkslegal LLP in Reading before returning to Cardiff in August 2019 to join Hugh James’ Employment team.
- Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction), Cardiff Law School: 2010-2011
- LLB Law, (First Class Honours) Cardiff University: 2007-2010