Laura joined the dispute resolution team as a solicitor in September 2019. Laura specialises in professional negligence claims, against various professionals, across a broad range of areas of law. Laura also specialises in commercial litigation claims.
- Laura has assisted a senior colleague with a complex professional negligence claim against a solicitor and barrister for the under-settlement of a head injury claim, which resulted in a settlement for the client in excess of £1million.
- Laura has acted for a client in relation to a professional negligence claim against the client’s former solicitors for failing to advise of a planning application for a new housing development in close proximity to the client’s home, which resulted in a compulsory purchase order being issued by the council over a part of the client’s property.
- Laura has represented a client in relation to a claim for breach of contract, involving breach of restrictive covenants, against the client’s former employee.
- Laura has assisted a senior colleague with a claim brought against the client for breach of an employment contract, involving allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud with a value in excess of £0.5 million.
- Laura has acted for a client in relation to a high-value breach of contract claim involving a breach of an exclusivity clause for the hire of an events venue.
- Laura has acted for a client in a claim worth £0.5 million following negligent advice is given by the client’s former solicitors as to the suitability and enforcement of an option agreement.