Leon is a senior associate with 15 years experience of defending liability claims for personal injury including property damage on behalf of major corporate, self insured organisations and insurers. Leon joined Hugh James in 2006 prior to this he worked Eversheds between 1999 and 2006. Leon handles a range of multi track cases.
- Defendant personal injury
- Civil litigation
- Insurance and corporate risk
- Public liability claims
- Product liability claims
- Employers liability claims
- Motor liability claims
- Trained: Eversheds LLP
- Qualified: 2008
- Associate at Hugh James: 2011
- Senior Associate at Hugh James: 2013
- Successfully defended a claim against a utility company where a member of the public tripped and fell over a defective drain cover.
- Successfully defended a RTA claim and showed that the claimant’s version of events was not plausible.
- Successfully defending a claim for personal injury arising from an alleged breach of the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 brought against a dentist
- Successfully defending a claim against a farmer pursued by an employee for injuries caused by slipping on a courgette in an open field
- Advising insurers on the defence of a claim for property damage arising from fallen diseased tree
- Advising insurers on the defence of a claim submitted by a visitor to a policyholder’s home for orthopaedic injuries sustained as a result of slipping on a doormat
- Advising insurers on the defence of a personal injury claim arising from a member of the public using a right of way over the policyholder’s land
- Advising insurers on a claim submitted by a member of the public who sustained injury whilst running away from a charging bull
- Advising insurers in claims made against landlords for personal injuries arising from defective premises
- Advising insurers upon a wide range of cases arising from injuries caused by animals owned by policyholders
- Acting for large corporate client’s in defending personal injury claims arising from alleged breaches of the Occupiers Liability Act 1957
- Defending a claim made against a landowner by a trespasser who drove his car into an entrance barrier his land
What do you like to do outside work?
I am a keen rower and have raced at Henley Royal Regatta.